Transfers are the worst!


I am being transferred...which is sad for me (I liked this area) and sad for you (because I have to pack and have zero time for emailing today). 

 This is a really awful transfer cycle as 21 of our beloved missionaries are going home. Among my fallen comrades are both of my trainers (I almost cried), my most favorite district leader ever (I really almost did cry, we're the only sisters in this zone and he always made sure that we were involved, even when the other elders ignored us), and several of my other favorite friends. 

 On the upside, the sisters in the Persimmon house have a broken AC unit so they've been staying with us the last few nights. It's so fun to live with people. 


On Thursday we helped out at a blood drive and I met me in the form of a 10 year old boy. We became fast friends. New friends are always awesome!  We also had this really absurd idea for a goodbye present for our district leaders so we called up a friend to run to Walmart for us. We found a picture of these two elders so we had our friend print it off and we made the most hilarious frames out of popsicle sticks. 




On Wednesday we were helping out at this one place and were picking grapes and eating them and then I realized that there were evil looking spiders in the grapes ( I almost ate one, it was traumatizing) so naturally I dropped them. Then the elders made fun of me, told me that the spider was on my shoe, and preceded to dump a bottle of their spit water on my shoe. 

 We had a few lessons this week and did some other missionary things. I'd tell you about them, but I must dash. 

 Sorry for the lame email, but I can hardly see my screen through my tears as all my missionary friend are leaving. 

 Bye, 

Sister Barlow

Comments

Popular Posts