The name's Spaz, Sister Spaz.


Wowza. Lot's went down this week. 

 Wednesday we texted one of our YSA (young single adult) ward peeps who had recently told us that his friend wanted to know more about the gospel. We asked him when we could meet said friend and he told us to come over that night. So we did, and it was rad, and we made plans to have a lesson with all of them the following Saturday. We were super excited, but then the friend canceled on us last minute. Hopefully, he'll reset a time for us to meet with him. 

 
On Thursday we met this rad old couple who talked a lot to us about everything ranging from owls to the ten commandments. We lost track of time as we talked to them though and had to sprint to our car as we were more than a little late to dinner. Oh, and some lady told me that I "look like a doll" and she wants to "put me on a shelf." Kinda creepy, but I've gotten it before so.....



Friday we met an old guy named Chuck who has some serious opinions about life. I started the conversation by sassing him, and then he sassed me back and then we parted ways as friends. He lives and breathes by the book of Acts so I told him I would read it and then come back and we'd have a deep conversation about it. Once we left earshot of Chuck, Sister Hatchett told me that I make her nervous when I sass strangers because she never knows how they'll react. I'm not that concerned about it as I've made a lot of friends this way. 

 Remember how my companion and I are the only sisters in our zone? And how sometimes it's really fun and sometimes it's not so fun? Well, Friday morning was one of those days that I was grateful for the elders as they are highly entertaining. 

 

We were planning out our week at the church building and were having companionship inventory. We got to the part where we're supposed to resolve any conflict we might have. We didn't have any. So I made one up. There was a vent in the classroom we were in that was making a funny noise and earlier on in our planning session I had wanted to fix it. (Not that I know how.) She told me to leave it alone, so I did. But then when we were "resolving our conflicts," I told her that it really hurt my feelings that she did not believe I could fix it. She apologized and said she would support me in my efforts. So I jumped off my chair and hurled myself onto the toy cabinet to get to the vent in an overly dramatic way. And then the elders walked in. They didn't understand why I was up there so then they reacted in an overly dramatic way. And it was really very funny.

 Sometimes I contemplate what a mission would be like if it were compromised of only sisters. To be honest, I think it'd be lame because it wouldn't be as entertaining. 

 

On Saturday the zone volunteered to help out at a community 5k color run. We managed to leave more colorful than the participants! I had to scrub and scrub and scrub to get that stuff off. 

 On Sunday I was the recipient of an accurate and strange compliment. One of the members of one of our bishoprics had us over for dinner, and as the conversation turned to me and my antics (I have a lot of them) he said, and I quote, 

 "I've never known someone who can be such a spaz (that's me) and then 30 seconds later flip a switch and participate in highly spiritual conversations." 

 Apparently my turn over rate from spaziness to spirituality is impressive. 



This transfer came and went, and a new one will begin come Wednesday. Sister Hatchett and I are staying together, something for which we are both very grateful for. This area is wonderful, and I hope to die here. 

 Remember how I literally just claimed that I'm actually The Flash when it comes to the spaz to spiritual domain? Well, um, uh, not today I'm not. 

 Please enjoy this email about a spaztastic week, and cross your fingers that I'll have something spiritual to say next week. 

 Bye.

 Love, 

 Your Favoritest Spaz Ever

 Ps. I hope you've taken the time to appreciate the title of this email, which is indeed plagiarism of James Bond's catchphrase. If you have not, I invite you to repent and appreciate my sense of humor. I promise you that your day will be happier because of it.

Comments

Popular Posts