Excitement Central

The epic tale of the three Nephites came to a swift end today. Yesterday President Wheeler called to notify me that I was emergency transferred to the Temple View zone. Another sister had to go home to take care of some serious back problems, and her companion needed a companion, and so I became the new companion. Trio life is always fun, and I shall miss Sisters P and H dearly. But in
my new area, we do plenty of teaching (YAY), and we cover a YSA ward (DOUBLE YAY). But that just happened yesterday, so let's rewind through the rest of my week. 







Oh, wait. The other thing that happened on Sunday was that I held a snake (again).

And watched a man pick up a rat by its tail, run it outside, throw it over his fence, and then panic as the rat got stuck in his tree instead of going far far away. Ha. It was wild. The rat was supposed to be eaten by the snake but unbeknownst to the owner of the snake, this was a feisty rat, and it wasn't about to go down without a fight. The rat bit the snake and so the snake wouldn't go near the rat. I wrote a haiku about it. 

Who said scared-y cat?

Rats bite, snakes cry, and things change.
Now a scared-y snake. 


The other, other thing that happened yesterday was the funniest (and awkwardest) dinner of my life. The member family that fed us was very open about their family drama. All of the females in this family ganged up on this one lady's husband about his dislike of a step sister-in-law. And then his five-day water fast was thoroughly discussed. He has a pact thing going with his friends. If they don't lose x amount of pounds by August, they have to get their belly buttons pierced. I was laughing, and I was cringing. Then their grandma started giving us the low down on her dating life. Her philosophy is "why have one boyfriend when you can have two or three?" Whatever floats your boat I guess. Here is a peek at her list of requirements for possible boyfriends:

 1. breathing (haha)

2. old is okay

3. teeth are a must

4. bald is a reality she has accepted

5. no purse no nurse (don't ask me) 

 Sister H and Sister P got sick, so we spent Saturday mostly inside. While Sister P was melting on the couch with a 101-degree fever, Sister H performed a one-woman show of Joseph and the Technicolored Dream Coat. It was incredible. You'd have to see it to believe it. I give it a ten out of ten and highly recommend it for Broadway. 


 On Thursday we went to the Mesa Easter pageant. It's a play that depicts the life of the Savior, and it's held on the Mesa Temple grounds. The set up was incredible, and the crowd it attracts is massive. But I think I might still be partial to Sister H's version of Joseph and the Technicolored Dream Coat (jokes).  




 Wednesday was the day that we held kittens. 


 Tuesday was a day of awkward training meetings (happens). 

 And Monday was the day that I did not send out a mass email. So sorry, but the only really exciting thing that happened last week was that I joined a band. 

Yep. I am now officially a rock star. 

 We are called Franklin Avenue because it consists of two guys who live on Franklin Avenue. They were jamming in their garage when we rolled up to them and introduced ourselves. It was entertaining. It turns out one of them had served a mission for a year. Which probably explains why he was so nice to us. In this area, the people either love the missionaries, or they treat us like we're annoying gnats buzzing around. There's a whole neighborhood where the people are either Mormon or anti. It's a scary place. Oh, wait. That's not my area anymore. Just kidding. 

 The other thing about this area is that my companion and I are the only sisters in the whole zone. And my district leader is crazy. 

 Wish me luck. 

 Love, 

Sister Barlow

Comments

Popular Posts