And now it is crickets....


Hello all. Sorry I missed getting this out last week.  Think of it as an extra surprise as now you have two for this week!

I only have a couple of funny snippets for you this week as we have last minute plans to play volleyball and have a photo shoot taking up the last of our pday hours.

 So get this.

 The other night I was tossing and turning trying to get to sleep when I heard a scuffling sound. I didn't think much of it until I heard it again. And it was coming from my pillow. And it kept coming from my pillow. Having experienced bed bugs and cockroaches as a missionary, I was more than a little concerned. So I turned on the lights, my companion peaked inside my pillowcase, and there was indeed a FREAKING CRICKET IN MY PILLOW CASE. We took my pillow to the garage and then watched the ugly thing clamber out of my pillow. I washed my sheets the next morning.

 My companion had her own interesting experience this week. She kinda turned into a limp noodle. While she was riding her bike. And then she fell off the sidewalk and into traffic. So then I turned into a squawking mother hen and scooped her and her bike back onto the sidewalk. It was so scary. I had thought she was having a seizure. But her foot had just caught awkwardly on her pedals, hence the noodle dance and introduction to the concrete.  

 We also had a classically awkward moment this week. We were out doing our thing on Saturday night when we saw that there was a dinner party going on at a random house. It was dark outside, and all the lights were on inside of the house, and all the blinds were open so you could see straight in. All of Saturday had been dead. No one had been home, and no one was outside. My comp looked at me and was all "lol we should go knock on that door at least someone is home." She hadn't meant it seriously. But I took it as a serious opportunity to prove that I FEAR NO MAN. OR ANY AWKWARD SITUATION. (Which is sooooooo not true, but I wanted to pretend that it was for a little bit. )

 So, up I marched to that door, and I knocked. And no one answered. Maybe they didn't hear me. So I rang. And no one came. So I ran. And hid. And laughed. And sat down. On a strangers driveway. Ha. I'm a mess.

 Anyways.

 Have to jet, this was fun, spiritual thought for the week is that Jesus loves you. K thx bye.

Comments

Popular Posts