Sporadic is my middle name.




Somehow pday is mostly over, and I still have much to do. 

 Which means this has to be quick. 

 So to hit the highlights:

• We went to an endowment session for a recent convert in this area

• Our generous stake president found all of us missionaries planning out our week on Friday morning at the church building and bought all 17 of us lunch 

• TIM FROM MY LAST AREA IS GETTING BAPTIZED TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

 Which is so crazy. I will never forget the day we contacted Tim. He was on his driveway in the middle of a phone call. It was awkward. Then he made a joke about being blind (because he is blind). And then things were funny and awkward. 

 This week I read a talk that gutted me as a missionary. 

 It pulled into question my previous efforts and my future desires. 

 And then Satan stepped in, and my head became a boxing ring for conflicting emotions.

 God helped me pull some humility out of somewhere because soon I recognized what was Satan and what was God. 

 I've been a good missionary so far, I've done good things with my time and striven for obedience. But that talk served as a reminder to keep stepping up my game, to keep grinding Satan's head into the ground. 

 I've realized that when we think we're doing enough and then are reminded that we can do a little more, the only thing that gets hurt is our pride. 

 Which hurts, because we're human. It's shades of annoying and frustrating. But that's okay; we can live with a little hurt pride. 

 Sporadic thoughts, I know. Would lots of love compensate? 

 Oh well. 

 Must dash-- love you all lots!







Comments

Popular Posts