VIVA LA REVOLUTION



Revolutionize.


 That's the word that came to mind as I was studying the morning after getting to my new area.




I have to completely change up how I do missionary work in this area. 

 You see, the members are so bomb up here in Gilbert that everyone under the sun has talked to missionaries a thousand times over. No one wants to listen to us, and they all know how to brush us aside. I have never faced so much consistent rejection in my whole life. 

 There is potential in this area, but it hasn't been worked for at least six months. Everyone seems to be performing the same song and dance over and over again, and the people are numb to it. 

 I have no idea how to work this area. 

 Yet. 

 The inspiration and the miracles will come. But so will the stress and the frustration. In fact, it already has.

 Listen, I LEFT 7 PEOPLE ON DATE FOR BAPTISM IN MY OLD AREA. I AM TRYING SO HARD NOT TO BE LOT'S WIFE. 


 And now I have to start all over in a much harder area.

 Don't get me wrong; I'm down for the challenge. I trust in God, in His timing, and in His love for the people in this area. I do not doubt for reasons unnumbered that this is exactly where I need to be. So if this is what it takes to fulfill the purposes of God, then bring on the stress and the inspiration, the frustration and the miracles. 

 I'm buckled up and ready for this wild ride. 

 It helps immensely that my companion is an absolute gem.

Sister B had to move her clothes because I could not reach the top shelf!





Remember when I told you about meeting a sister missionary who put me on her shoulders and squatted me??

 WE ARE NOW COMPANIONS.

 GUYS. WE CAN DO AN EXTREME COMP UNITY WORK OUT. SHE CAN SQUAT WITH ME ON HER SHOULDERS, AND I CAN WORK ON MY PLANKING SKILLS WHILE I'M UP THERE.

 We have been fast friends, so that's a huge blessing. 

 As for the rest of the area, the members are awesome, you already know how the work is going, I switched shifts for the Mesa lights to match Sister B, and I LIVE IN THE CUTEST HOUSE OF MY LIFE. 

 SERIOUSLY.

 We're in a darling neighborhood that has GRASS AND TREES AND BRICK, AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL.  I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. 

 We share it with las hermanas and HALLELUJAH because they have a car and we do not which makes p-day that much easier. 


 We are indeed an all biking area, but the weather is gorgeous, so I don't mind. 

 We do a lot of biking. My thighs will be jacked by the end of my time here.

 There is a heck ton of work to do in this area. It's completely different from my old area, so I feel like a greenie all over again. But that's okay, awkward and onward and all that jazz. 

 Wish me luck with my revolutionizing! 

Comments

Popular Posts