Transfers!!!



Well hello everybody.
It's been a minute since I sent a solid email. And I can't promise that this one will be all that rad either. 

 So, a quick update on my life. 

 The work has never gone faster.  I've overcome most of my fears about talking to strangers.  AND… we have SIX people with a date for baptism.  Sadly, I'm getting transferred


 Yep. Transferred. Ask me if I'm bitter. Ask me. Yes, I am. 

 I have been here for seven months. My whole mission life. I was born here.  I gave birth here (trained a new missionary).  I had hoped to die here (Not literally, just end my mission here). But alas, it cannot be so. God has another plan in store for me. But it hurts none the less. 

 I've been here for so much of the build-up, and now I have to leave. Leave my people, my friends, my home. All over again. 

 But, I know in whom I have trusted. So whatever bitterness I might currently be feeling, I will drink, and trust in happier days ahead. 

 My Savior will continue to be my joy, my song, and my longed for salvation. 

 I've learned a lot these past seven months. A lot of which I can only describe as simply surprising. Many things that I did not know about myself. 

 Guys, I was a lazy sack before my mission. Never again!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

 If I've learned anything as a missionary, it's the value of hard work. You won't get anywhere without it, and you certainly won't become like the Savior if you don't apply yourself. There's much more satisfaction in a life filled with hard work. Probably because there is no denying that Jesus worked harder than any of us ever could, and our aim is to become like Him. 

 My simple testimony has solidified with my time serving in this area. 

 Jesus lives, and because He lives, we can find joy and peace in our lives.  

 With that said, I have to go pack. Wish me luck! 

Comments

Popular Posts