MERRY MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!





MERRY MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

 Let me first just rave about the generosity of the members here.

 Seriously. We were flooded with gifts.

 I could build the Empire State building out of candy we have so much of it.

 Amongst the candy we also received all of the oranges we could ever ask for, blankets to stay cozy, numerous pairs of socks in case the blanket isn't enough, A MUU MUU (my favorite thing in the whole world) several stockings with odds and ends, plenty of cash, and a couple of gift cards. We are so blessed.

 We also accumulated memories with all of the families that invited us into their homes for Christmas. On Christmas day we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, fun and games for lunch, and then CRAB LEGS FOR DINNER. SO GOOD. I AM A FAN. Also, prime rib.

 On top of all of that, there's the good wishes from everyone back home.

 Shout out to my mom and dad, my brother Benjamin, my aunt Mel, my aunt Bryn, my nana and papa, and the Moore's for my Christmas presents! Thank you so much! I feel the love and am sending it right back your way!



As grand as that is, we all know that that isn't what Christmas is really about (although such gift giving does allow us an opportunity to practice generosity, a clear attribute of Christ).

 I think of all the gifts Christ gave us and I cannot comprehend them all. He gave us His life, His gospel, His love, His everything. I know that He did this for us. I also know that at times we all put Him on a shelf and forget about all that He gave. I know that sometimes we forget that He lived, that sometimes living the becomes mundane, that we become numb to His love, and that we don't even know what "everything" entails. As humans we forget these things. We fail to keep our covenants, to always remember Him. As disciples of Christ, we try again tomorrow. My testimony is that Christ's love is there for us today AND tomorrow, whenever we need Him.

 Merry Christmas, everyone.

 Love,
Sister Barlow


Comments

Popular Posts