Let's form a cult. It'll be fun



This week flew by. How in the heck has it already been seven whole days since the last time I did this?? 

 Geez.

 I've decided to form a cult intent on finding father time and smashing his stupid clock face in to slow this wild ride down.

 I have big plans, people. Big plans. 

 (If you would like to join my newly founded cult, please email me for the details. Or call 1 800 ST0PT1M3.)

 I just don't want my time as a missionary to pass by so quickly. This work is too dang important for me to miss a millisecond.

 A lot has happened this week so get comfy, folks. Grab some hot chocolate and a cuddle buddy because I have several things to tell you. 

 First and foremost, the work of the Lord rolls forward at an ever-increasing rate. This week we were able to find a heck ton of potential investigators, picked up a new investigator, made plans for attending the temple with some of our recent converts, handed out a dozen or so copies of the Book of Mormon, became besties with two guys fixing a house, were challenged by a tall guy named Jack, threw a football around with Frankie and Tommy, and put someone on date.

The spirit was felt, our actions were guided by God, and life is good!

 At some point this week we had interviews with President and Sister Wheeler. They are the best people, and we are friends for LIFE. I always walk away feeling good after talking to them. 

I would like to be the type of person that makes people feel so loved. Goals. 

 Awkward story time.

 Once upon a time, there were two sister missionaries biking around the neighborhood, and one of them really had to pee. (Not I, my companion at the time. This was two transfers ago when I was with Sister F.) 

 Around and around and around the neighborhood they went. Asking, seeking, knocking for a bathroom to no avail. 

 The faith-filled companions stopped their search for a bathroom to talk to a lady in her garage because gospel before bladder. 

 The lady was an atheist; the exchange was awkward.

 To make things even more awkward, the shorter of the two sister missionaries (yep that's me) asked if this uninterested but oh so nice lady would let two strange teenage girls in to use her bathroom. 

 Why did I did that, I have no idea (maybe spirit?). But...

 She said yes! After staring at me for a good long while. And also after taking an absurd amount of time to pull a kid out of the back seat of her car. 

 So awkward.

 Now, I know what you're thinking. 

 Unfortunately, the answer is no. I did not teach her all the lessons while my companion hurried through the bathroom experience. This atheist did not faint because of the spirit, I did not baptize her in her bathtub, and she did not appear at church the following Sunday. Instead, we chatted about genetics (she has curly hair too) and unique names. 

 And that was that. 

 We never saw her again.

 Until, LAST NIGHT. 

 Oh no, wait. 

 It didn't happen last night. One of these nights, though. 

 Ok, not important. The point is that we were coming out of dinner and heading to our car when we stopped to chat with a family of three (mom, dad, and little boy) who were out on a walk. 

 IT WAS THE SAME LADY WITH HER HUSBAND AND SON. 

 THEY ACCEPTED A COPY OF THE BOOK OF MORMON THAT SHE HAD REJECTED TWO MONTHS PREVIOUS.

 GOD KNOWS HIS CHILDREN AND PUTS US IN EACH OTHERS LIVES BECAUSE BLESSINGS. 

 THAT IS ALL.

 As we were talking with this cute little family, I felt so much love for them. I have never before handed out a copy of the Book of Mormon with such a sincere desire for their happiness. 

It was a divinely appointed moment for the book. God is so good.

 Oh! I almost forgot to tell you! Halloween as a missionary is THE BEST. We got to go to the temple (YAY TEMPLE DAYS), scarfed down Bahama Bucks beforehand (I almost threw up but couldn't because my insides were frozen), and went as a flower bed for Halloween.

 NOW FOR THE BEST NEWS EVER.

 I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS. 

 WE GOT A TEXT FROM PEOPLE, AND WE GET TO HOST THE MESA TEMPLE LIGHTS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT ENTAILS BUT I AM SO PUMPED. WE GO UP TO MESA (we are leaving the mission that is so sketch) ON FRIDAY FOR TRAINING. I AM CRYING OF HAPPINESS. AHHHHHHHAHHAAHHHHH.

 Our whole house is doing it together. Did you know that there are six of us living here now? It's cramped, but we love each other, so it's all good. 

 Now for the bad news. 

 I had the worst day of my mission this week. 

 One of our recent converts decided to walk away from the gospel. 

 She just left. Decided it wasn't for her, that she didn't believe in God, that there was no purpose to a Savior. 

 I cried. A lot. Sobbed, actually

 She told us over the phone and hung up before I could share my bomb scripture. 

 And then my former zone leader showed up at the church building (because God knew I would need a blessing) and everything was awkward. I was drowning in my tears when he rolled up with his new companion. It was awful. I poured my whole heart and soul and might and mind and strength and energy and love and testimony into strengthening her. 

 Man. It hurts when the people you love walk away from literally THE ONLY path to God. 

 (An addendum: We all have to take "different" paths to God. But ultimately (either here or in the next life) each person will be led to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ because that is God's plan for us.)

 The crazy thing is that she's one of those people that I specifically was sent here for. We were supposed to be friends for a time (and for LIFE, she can't get rid of me that easily), she has changed my outlook on people, and I will always be grateful for her. 

 I know that one day she will come back, I just grieve for the indubitable amount of sorrow and suffering she will have to experience to get her to turn back to God. 

 It's crazy to think that Jesus not only suffered for the normal aches and pains of human life but also all the mayhem and deep sorrow we would have to experience to get us to turn to Him AND ACTUALLY ACCEPT HIS SACRIFICE. GOSH DANG IT PEOPLE GET YOUR LIVES TOGETHER FOR JESUS. 

 Please.

 ...and thank you. 

 Really and truly, please do something today (not tomorrow but TODAY) to thank your Savior for His sacrifice. Take a small step closer to Him. Allow Him room in your heart today. Read your scriptures a little longer, say an extra prayer, hand someone a copy of the Book of Mormon *winks*, reach out to a friend, reach out to a stranger, email a missionary *winks*, call your parents. 

 There are lots of good things to do today. 

 So roll up your sleeves, get off your phone, and get to it! 

 Ok, thanks love you all in missionary ways bye. 

 Ps. The slight chastisement you just received was given out of love for you (and Jesus), SO YOU BETTER FREAKING DO IT. 

  

Ok, thanks love you all in missionary ways this was fun see you next week love you bye. 


Comments

Popular Posts