Mission Life



This week has involved way too much time stuck inside as we attempted to get our house situated. We had to purge after the bed bugs and then replace everything. We also had two more sisters move in with us. This transfer is going to be a six-week sleepover as we have put all of the beds in one room. It's quite the party. 

 With transfers, our zone has been torn apart, and we're all very sad. But we promise to love the new people just as much.

 Now onto the miracles.



First off, WE ARE BROKE. 


 Five Mondays in a month are not something we budgeted for


(PSA: PLEASE FEED YOUR LOCAL MISSIONARIES AT THIS TIME. THEY ARE POOR AND STUPID LIKE ME.)



This is where God's hand is clearly visible. 

 We (the poor people with no food) ended up at a church building AT THE SAME TIME AS A RELIEF SOCIETY ACTIVITY. They sent us home with all the leftovers. BLESS. We took a whole fridge of food home and are stocked for life. 



WE ALSO HAD A BAPTISM THIS WEEKEND. 





The Spanish sisters passed them off to us about two weeks before they were baptized. They were sure ready to be baptized! God is definitely in charge of this work.

 And that was my missionary week.


Y'all ready for some spiritualness? 


 K grab your tissue box because here come the honest feels. 

 Every day I experience something of the hardships of life. Whether it's in my personal life, in the lives of those we teach, or a sad story told from the mouth of a chatty stranger, it's all around me. And there isn't much that I can do about it. Maybe it's because I'm too busy, too unaware, too scared to look sadness and despair in the face. Whatever the reason, to those who suffer I am simply not capable of rendering the relief they seek. My hands are always too small to catch all of the hurt I wish to heal. 

 That's what I love about being a missionary. 

 Every day I get to point people in the direction of a perfect man, of a god, who's hands were pierced in continuation of a process that would allow Him to heal every hurt, to calm every pain. His sacrifice was meant to save us, to redeem us. To offer us a better life. 






One of my favorite scriptures on the subject of the mission of Jesus Christ is 2 Nephi 26:24.

 "He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation."

 With all that I know I wish to give my whole life for Him. I fail all the time to do so but because of the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ, maybe one day I'll be able to give everything to Him who offers redemption. 

 In the meantime, I stand as a witness of Jesus Christ. I offer the same message that He has passed on through the ages. 

 Come unto Christ. Trust in Him. Love  Him with all that you have. Give everything for the God who gave it all. 

 Love, 

Sister Barlow

Happy Halloween!

For my Pops!


Comments

Popular Posts