A Tale of Two Greenies



Did anybody ever think this day would come? 

 Guys. As of Thursday, I'm officially six months out, a third of the way through. 

 What. The. Heck.

 I'm no longer considered a greenie here in the AGM. I still feel like one though.


Before I get all sentimental on ya, let me give y'all the low down on what this de-greenified missionary experienced this week. 

 Amidst the usual awkward exchanges with strangers, long meetings, powerful teaching moments, early mornings, and rushed meals, we participated in some new and stressful things.

 ON SATURDAY WE HAD A BAPTISM IN WHICH TWO OF OUR INVESTIGATORS GOT BAPTIZED. IT WAS SISTER C'S FIRST BAPTISM. IT WAS GREAT. 

 As per usual, everything went awry the day of the baptism. Everything. We had a service to get to before and after, there was confusion with filling the font, the names of our investigators were spelled wrong on the program, shoes were forgotten, and a name tag was flushed down the toilet. 

 ((MY CHILD FLUSHED HER NAME TAG DOWN THE TOILET. NO MATTER WHAT I DO I CANNOT SEEM TO TRAIN HER TO NOT PUT RANDOM THINGS IN THE TOILET. GAH SHE'S SUCH A CHILD.)) 


Actually, it was a tragic (and hilarious) accident. 

 With seemingly everything against us that day, God still prevailed, and two of His children entered into soul saving covenants with Him. T'was beautiful.

 We also twirled signs for twenty minutes and got free t-shirts for it. That sounds sketch. It was a sanctioned service project, promise. 



Alright, here's the kicker for the week.

 BED BUGS. 




EVERYWHERE.


 IN OUR HOUSE.

 OUR HOUSE IS BEING BURNT DOWN AS WE SPEAK. 

 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA




We have been doing laundry for the past two days. Last night we stayed up until MIDNIGHT trying to get everything in order for the bug roaster to come. 

 It's been awful and stressful as heck. 

 We showed up to YSA correlation last night (it'd been a rough day, bedbugs and all) and we walked into the elders and our ward mission leader putting on face masks. We talked about the progress of our people and cleansed our pores AT THE SAME TIME. GO PRODUCTIVITY.

((We're pretty sure they did face masks to cheer us up. They love us, what can we say?)) 

 On to sentimentality.

 Gosh, six months gone

 I have nothing big to show as a result of these six months, and I have no idea how to type down the inner workings of my soul. 

 To summarize my past six months, I've never been so exhausted, so ecstatic, so frustrated, and so grateful. 

 Mostly, mostly I can just see how much God has helped me through it all. 

 I cannot live a good life without God backing me up and leading me forward.

 I wish to say more, but I don't know how to. How does one verbalize the never-ending, soul-soothing grace of God? Trying to name all of the blessings would be like trying to number every star. 

 Perhaps some of you remember, but I wasn't too happy about embarking on this mission. I was pretty torn up about it in fact. Now I never wish to leave. And that is all because of the efforts of God. 

 The tale of this greenie has come to an end, but the adventure continues onward and forward and upward forever, with God as my focus.

 Love,

Sister Barlow

 Ps. I really do wish to give you more information about my week, but MY BRAIN IS DEAD. I HAVENT SLEPT THE LAST TWO NIGHTS BECAUSE OF THE BED BUGS.  ADDITIONALLY, THE FLOOR IS VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.  ALSO, I HAVEN’T STAYED UP TILL MIDNIGHT IN SIX MONTHS. 

Comments

Popular Posts