No Time to Email!


Hi,



Super busy pday!  No time to email much.







Highlights:

This week I got BIT BY A FREAKING BIRD!  We were at a pm/la family, and they had pet birds and asked if I wanted to hold it, and then it bit me!!!



MET JOSEPH SMITH (you know the guy who plays him in the Restoration movie?)!  Yeah, he lives in our STL's area (I was on exchanges with her) and she didn't even tell me we were meeting him until after we'd met him because she "thought I would act weird" pfft. Whatever. I can be cool.



I had a fantastic first zone conference with Elder Pearson of the Seventy.  He was intense and engaging.  Both my companion and I have some things to change.



 Also, I biked against fierce wind through a dusty and buggy cotton field. Yay exercise.



A quick succession of small and connected miracles:



Yesterday was super busy meeting wise meaning we had next to no time to do any proselyting work. We had left zone conference determined to find somebody new to share the restored gospel with as that was the challenge we were given by the Pearson's. We knocked some doors, talked to some people on the street and nothing really happened. We had dinner with a member, then hopped to our weekly correlation meeting with one of our ward mission leaders. We were nearing the end of the night and facing down discouragement when we got a call saying that our stake correlation meeting was canceled (HALLELUJAH). We had not even an hour left to find someone, but now there was at least some time.

Both the ward mission leader and the Bishop's wife shared with us the name of a less active, part member family to go visit. So we did. We got to their house, knocked a few times, and no one answered. As we were getting back on our bikes, a man came out of the garage door. We stopped to talk to him, but it was awkward. Polite but seemingly pointless. As we said goodbye to him and prepared to leave again, his girlfriend (she's the less active member) came up the driveway and stopped to talk to us. She's open and friendly and willing and then BAM we found our person. Just like that. It was great. Life is great. God is good.



Okay bye.

Comments

Popular Posts