First Week in the Field!


I do not have very much time to write this week so this email is going to be rather short.

So it is great here.  Not too hot, and surprisingly nice weather.  I will be melting soon enough.

Fresh from the MTC!
In my first area we have three wards.  Sunday’s are awesome as we split our time between the units and all of the wonderful members.  I'm in a trio with two awesome sisters (Sister Ludeman and Sister Rowley), and we have a car right now, so that's nice. The missionaries here live in houses which is kind of crazy. We have  three bedrooms, two full baths, a kitchen, a laundry room, a garage, and a living room that we never even use.
Sister Rowley and Sister Ludeman
As far as adventures go, we deep-fried a heck ton of stuff with the Flippen family Saturday night including but not limited to Oreos, cookie dough, milky ways, and butter. All were really good.  As you can see, I am eating well!

I went tracting for the first time.  Ever.  And have never been rejected so frequently in my whole life. But I survived. I have spent my week running around meeting members, bishops, ward mission leaders, investigators, and less-active members along with all sorts of people. Life is crazy.  Life is good.  The gospel is true!

Let's talk about the story of Nephi real quick before I have to go. The journey that Lehi and his family go through is super relatable. Not the literal traveling through the unknown wilderness and building a boat and all that stuff but the principles behind it. In chapter two of First Nephi we read about how Lehi is commanded to take his family and depart from Jerusalem and go into the wilderness.  Relating this to myself, I've been commanded to leave my family and go to the desert (Ok, so maybe this part is literal). Explaining this step by step and how it relates to me and perhaps probably to us all is going to take way too long so here's this instead.

There's an applicable pattern found in the scriptures.
1. The Lord commands, and we follow.
2. We struggle and grow along the way.
3. We offer thanks to God as we realize the many ways He has blessed us.

Get it? Got it? Good.

K love you all bye.

P.S.  Some more awesome news…

My cousin, Preston Seymour just received his call to the Peru Lima Mission and will report in August.  As of August three of the cousins will be serving at the same time with Sister Madeline Harris in the Florida Ft. Lauderdale Mission.   It is awesome to follow the example set by my grandfather (New Zealand), all of my uncles (Argentina x2, Florida, Puerto Rico, Brazil), two of my aunts (France, Argentina), my parents (Sweden x2), Whitney’s husband Johnny (Indiana), and The Original Missionary Cousins Alexa Seymour (California) and my big brother Benjamin (England).  Thanks for the great examples of missionary spirit and service!

P.S.S.  On a sad note... My beloved MorFar (Norwegian for mother's father), Arne Eide returned home to our Heavenly Father on Sunday, May 14th.  Families Are Forever!

Comments

Popular Posts